Monday, November 29, 1999

Dame Helen Mirren plays brothel madam in `Love Ranch`

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

London, May 17 (ANI): Dame Helen Mirren plays a brothel madam in her latest film 'Love Ranch'.The film, which is directed and produced by her husband, Taylor Hackford, is based on the real-life story of Sally and Joe Conforte, owners of the Mustang Ranch bordello in Nevada, which became the first legalised brothel in the US in 1971."It was a rather beautifully written character, which was why I wanted to play her, and the film really appealed to me. I love the subject matter, I love the milieu, and I love the period - the '70s," the Telegraph quoted Dame Helen as saying.The Oscar-winner researched the subject by visiting the present-day Mustang Ranch."I met the present madam, Susan Austin, and I found that enormously helpful She's really taking her role seriously. There is the sense of being a businesswoman," she said.The film, which is released in June, is a rarity for the 64-year-old actress because it requires her to speak in an American accent. (ANI)

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment