Monday, November 29, 1999

Togadia questioned by SIT probing Gujarat riots

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Gandhinagar, May 10 (IANS) Pravin Togadia, the general secretary of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), was questioned for three hours Monday by a Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the 2002 communal riots in Gujarat.Togadia arrived at the SIT office accompanied by sadhus and supporters in tow.When asked about the questions posed to him by the SIT, Togadia said: 'I was asked whether I had come to Ahmedabad during the communal riots. I told then where would I go, to Pakistan?'According to Togadia, the SIT also asked him who all he met during his visit to Ahmedabad during the riots.'I met crores of hindus, I met sadhus. If I don't meet them, will I meet Imam Bukhari (Jama Masjid cleric)?' Togadia said.Togadia also slammed the apex court appointed panel.'There is no enquiry ordered on 57 'Rambhakts' (Ram devotees) burnt to death in the Sabarmati Express train carnage, while we are being harassed. For the SIT, this case file is the Bible, Gita and the Koran. We have only god with us and nobody else. But I will definitely give a fitting answer to all this,' he added.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment