Monday, November 29, 1999

Astarloza banned for doping offence, says will appeal

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Mikel Astarloza has been suspended for two years following a positive test for the banned blood-booster erythropoietin (EPO), the Spanish rider said on Saturday."I want to publicly announce that I have received a letter from the RFEC (Spanish federation) notifying me that I am officially suspended until June 26, 2011 for having broken International Cycling Union (UCI) rules," he said on his website (www.astarloza.com)."I maintain that I have done nothing wrong... I will appeal this suspension to the relevant authorities," he added without elaborating further.Euskaltel-Euskadi rider Astarloza tested positive for the banned blood booster EPO in an out-of-competition test collected last June and was provisionally suspended on July 31.He won the 16th stage of last year's Tour de France, finishing 11th overall.(Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Alison Wildey; To query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com)
News posted by www.newsinfoline.com
Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment