Monday, November 29, 1999

Briton uses Facebook to find mystery girl on train

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

London, May 18 (IANS) A lovestruck Briton has turned to the social networking site Facebook to track down a gorgeous mystery girl with a blue hair band he met on a train.Keir Moffatt, 26, who lives in Durdham Park, Bristol, felt miserable after failing to ask out the 'just gorgeous' girl he met on a train ride home at 7 p.m. from Cardiff May 6.So he went ahead and created a Facebook page to try to find the girl with a blue hair band, The Telegraph reported Tuesday.'On the train back to Bristol from Cardiff last week, a gorgeous girl in my carriage really caught my eye. We barely spoke but, when she left, I regretted not speaking to her more - and asking her out.'When I was driving home with my mate, I mentioned my regret and he said 'Well, you know what they say, you're never more than three people away from who you want to know'. Half an hour later...I set up this Facebook group to see if my mate's theory was true - to see if I could find the Mystery Train Girl and get a second chance to ask her out,' Moffatt wrote.The number of followers on his webpage began to swell and within 10 days it had crossed the 13,000 mark.Moffatt decided to put the interest to use, setting up a JustGiving web page and asked followers to donate one pound to the Marie Curie Cancer Care.He was of the view that raising money from his adventure would be 'a potentially wonderful outcome to an otherwise rather embarrassingly self-indulgent quest'.Moffatt has now called off the search for fear of causing unwanted attention to the girl.'As for the mystery girl, I did receive several messages from people claiming to be 'her' but simply cannot tell if any are real. If she did find this group, I wanted to extend my apologies to her if I caused her any trouble as that was never my intention - I simply hoped for the chance to take her out,' Moffatt was quoted as saying.Having become an internet celebrity, Moffatt is also getting a lot of attention.Bethan Rumbold wrote on JustGiving: 'Came across your group today - so sweet, I'm considering buying a blue headband and moving to Bristol! Hope you find her :).'

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment