Monday, November 29, 1999

Clinton says she shares a "great relationship" with Obama

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

New York, May 10 (ANI): US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton claims she shares camaraderie with former political opponent President Barack Obama. She also speaks of her amazement when offered the job."I ran hard against him, he ran hard against me," she told CBS' "60 Minutes"."He won. I lost. And then, he asked me to work for him on behalf of our country. Now? "We have a great relationship," she insisted.She says she was taken aback at being offered the position of Secretary of State and initially turned it down, "Just ridiculous, I absolutely did not believe it," she said.When he raised it, I said, 'Well, there are so many other people you should consider. I really don't think I wanna do that. I'm not interested in doing it,'" she added.Though the charismatic Obama finally managed to convince her otherwise, "He turned out to be very persuasive," she said of Obama's pitch.Since then, Clinton has traveled to 54 countries, flying the equivalent of 16 laps around the globe.There was just so much when I walked in this door," she said. "There was not only these really high expectations about the President and, to some extent, myself, about what that meant, but ou just can't say, 'Okay, we're here ... immediately adopt a new positive view toward us.' It takes a lot of hard work to make that real," New York Daily News quoted her as saying. (ANI)

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment