Monday, November 29, 1999

Confident of comeback, Irfan says he has time on his side

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Mumbai, Jun 17 (PTI) The time spent in the wilderness has not eroded Irfan Pathan''s self-belief and the left-arm seamer said he has time on his side to make a comeback to the Indian team. "I came into international cricket at a pretty early age. I started playing at 19 and am still only 25. Time is with me and I have no doubt that I will make a comeback into the team soon," Irfan told PTI in an interview here today. Irfan said he was under added pressure once he improved his batting after starting his career as a new ball bowler. But the Baroda player insisted he has confidence in his abilities to make a comeback into the Indian squad. "My role in the team changed and things changed. I started with the new ball, then bowled first change. Besides, I started batting as well. That added to the pressure. I have faith in my abilities and am confident of making a comeback," said the player who played his last ODI in February last year against Sri Lanka in Colombo. "I was hoping to return (to the team) soon. But unfortunately there are not many matches. I will play in the Corporate Trophy which will begin in some days. I will also participate in the state level matches," said Irfan who has not played a Test match since 2008. Irfan failed to find a place in the second string India squad that toured Zimbabwe recently despite having scored 397 runs at an average of nearly 50 and taken 22 wickets, at an average of 18.54 in six Ranji Trophy games while leading Baroda last season. More PTI VKV SSR AMA AY.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment