Monday, November 29, 1999

French Open heartbreak still haunts Stosur ahead of Wimbledon

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Sydney, Jun 17 (ANI): Though world No.7 Samantha Stosur has still not fully reconciled to her heartbreaking French Open final loss to Francesca Schiavone, she seems to have quickly rediscovered her winning ways.Stosur's 6-3 3-6 6-4 victory over Daniela Hantuchova set up a clash on Thursday with British wildcard Elena Baltacha for a berth in the semi-finals of the Wimbledon lead-up event at Eastbourne."I mean, I haven't looked at one photo or anything yet from the presentation. Having beaten the players that I did (Justine Henin and Serena Williams) to get myself there, yeah, to lose then to Schiavone on paper is not a good loss," Stosur said."I was absolutely shattered but, having said that, she played a fantastic match. She played great and didn't miss a beat and sometimes that's just the way it goes," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Stosur, as syaing."If it wasn't the French Open final, I would have just walked off and been a lot more comfortable with it. But because it was that particular day, it was a bit harder to handle. But you can't dwell on things too much because you never know when the next opportunity is going to come."So I had a few days off and I had a quiet week practising at Wimbledon before coming to Eastbourne, so I think that has really helped to get over it. I was able to rest and reflect a little bit and think 'well, that's all happened now so try to move on'" she added.In her seven previous visits to Wimbledon, Stosur has never advanced beyond the third round. (ANI)

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment