Monday, November 29, 1999

High cut-offs leave students disappointed

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Mumbai, June 17 -- Even with 88 per cent marks in her HSC exam, Urvashi Punjabi (17) did not find her name on the first admission list for BCom put out by RA Podar College at Matunga. "I am very disappointed. I hope to make it to the second list as this is the only college that I have applied to," said the Kalyan resident, who has did her junior college from the Mulund College of Commerce (MCC). High cut-offs at many of the top colleges left several high scorers such as Punjabi disappointed as they failed to get into their preferred colleges. "My daughter scored 88.4 per cent but did not make it to the Ruparel's BSc in Information Technology as she didn't make the maths cut off. She will now take admission in either Ruparel or Ruia college in BSc computer science," said Anvita Anurag. The heavy rains on Wednesday also played dampener for several students. Thane resident Shruti Mandke (17), was in two minds at 8 am about whether to make the trip to Matunga to take admission to the Bachelors of Science (Computer Science) at Ramnarain Ruia College. "I had checked my name on the list on Tuesday night and I knew I had got through. Despite the rains, I reached the college and secured my seat," said Mandke.While a few colleges like Ruia, Jai Hind College, R. A. Podar chose to put up their lists on their websites on Tuesday evening, some other colleges displayed the lists online and in the college premises on Wednesday. "I have been roaming around various colleges since morning to check the lists for my daughter as she wants admission in the Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) course," said Ajit Sahane, a parent whose daughter secured 66 per cent in the Class 12 commerce exams.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment