Monday, November 29, 1999

My role in `Iron Man 2` is multi-layered: Mickey Rourke

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke says his villainous character in 'Iron Man 2' is multi-layered as he wanted him to be more than just a stereotypical bad guy.The 57-year-old star, who plays Russian bad guy Ivan Vanko in the action movie, claims he wanted to "challenge" himself in the role by portraying him as more than a comic book baddie, Chicago Sun Times reported."I didn't want to do a one-dimensional bad guy like you'd see in a comic book. Get some schmuck to do that. Hollywood always does that, especially when it's a Russian bad guy. I wanted to add layers to it, represent where he's coming from, and have a sense of humour," Rourke said."I want to challenge myself and challenge the audience to say, 'I see something redeemable in him.' That makes it more interesting and not so silly," he added.The Academy-award-nominated actor challenged himself a lot for the role and struggled when asked to learn how to use a computer."The guy's supposed to be great on the computer. I don't even know how to turn one on. They have a scene where I'm supposed to be using the computer, typing really quickly. I wouldn't know a computer if it hit me in the head," Rourke said.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment