Monday, November 29, 1999

Parmeet makes directorial debut with `Badmash Company`

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Parmeet Sethi, who is making his directorial debut with 'Badmash Company' releasing this week, says that he may have had to struggle to get a break as an actor but his transition behind the camera was smooth."It's all destiny and I think the script helped me sail through. Writing and direction have been my passion. Since now I am settled in life, I decided to pursue my dream," Parmeet told PTI.The actor who made his debut on big screen with 'Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge', Aditya Chopra's maiden film for Yash Raj Films (YRF) said, 'Badmash Company' is his second script for the production company."I realised that creating a story is as painstaking and satisfying as giving birth to a child. I actually understand now what a woman goes through," Parmeet said adding the first script could not materialise into a film."We were in the process of casting. But, If I tell you why the film could not be made, I would be revealing the story, so I will not be able to say anything more," he said.The actor-turned director said he wrote 'Badmash Company' in six days. "It's a miracle. We were not able to make the first script. I was equally passionate about it and that took me six months to write, I waited for a year and a half for the film to be made. I was dejected that the film did not happen," he said refusing to go into the details.Parmeet has decided that his focus will be direction hence forth."This is a choice I have made in life but I am still open to everything. don't know where life takes you. I keep thinking and absorbing how films are plotted to make an intriguing viewing. It gives you complete creative satisfaction and control," he said.The writer-director said it was Aditya Chopra who coaxed him to write another script.When asked why he took 14 years to direct a film, "I had to work to run my kitchen. Now that I am settled, I realised it was time to live my dream. I was confident that I knew pretty much about direction," he said.Speaking about his lead actor Shahid Kapur, Parmeet said Shahid was a director's material."He thinks as a director as well as an actor."The debutant director also refuted speculations that he and Shahid did not get along well on the sets."I am a focussed and a stubborn director. I know what I want," he said wondering why interactions and discussions are construed as interference.To a question on why he cast Shahid in the lead, Parmeet said he suited the character with contrasting sides."The character comes a full circle with an emotional graph spanning 4-5 years. He had to look middle class and downtrodden and also intelligent sharp rich and flamboyant in a subtle way," Parmeet said."Shahid and I were on the same page. He is sharp as an actor and understood that I knew my job," he added.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment