Monday, November 29, 1999

People should come forward to change politics: Ajay Devgn

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Lucknow, May 17 (IANS) Politics in India has become too dirty and people, particularly youth, must take initiatives to clean it, feels Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn.'We keep on blaming politicians for making politics a dirty affair. It won't solve any purpose. If politics has become dirty, we too are responsible for it because people like us choose corrupt politicians,' he said.'If we really want to change the politics and give it new positive dimensions, people from the society should come forward and join politics that should be also be deemed as a profession,' said Devgn, who was in Lucknow Monday to promote his upcoming movie 'Raajneeti' in which the actor plays the role of a politician.Asked whether he had any plans to enter politics in future, Devgn replied, 'Frankly speaking, I don't know politics...so, there's no question of joining it.'Besides Devgn, other actors of the upcoming movie, including Manoj Bajpai, Katrina Kaif and director Prakash Jha, were also in Lucknow to promote the movie.In response to a question, Katrina said, 'Yes, it's true I followed Priyanka Gandhi for my role, but believe me I had to observe the body language of several other politicians also for my role.''People ask me unlike my other movies, my role in 'Raajneeti' is not glamorous. But, I believe my character is extremely glamorous in the movie. I play the role of a girl, who is from a very rich family but has to deal with hardships of life,' she said.Jha said the movie is high on entertainment and is 'not a teaching or preaching film.'About his role in the film, Bajpai said, 'My role is very similar to Duryodhana from the Hindu epic Mahabharata.'

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment