Monday, November 29, 1999

Polanski slept with all his leading ladies, says "raped victim" Brit actress

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

New York, Mar 17 (ANI): British actress Charlotte Lewis has come out in open to reveal that Roman Polanski "abused" her when she was 16 and the director told her he slept with all his leading ladies.Lewis revealed the shocking details about her history with Polanski at a press conference on Friday.She told London's Daily Mail that she initially refused the director's advances when she met him in 1983 to audition for "Pirates.""He just said very coldly, 'If you're not a big enough girl to have sex with me, you're not big enough to do the screen test. I must sleep with every actress that I work with, that's how I get to know them, how I mould them,'" the New York Daily News quoted Lewis as saying.Though the 16-year-old left Polanski's Paris apartment claiming she had a boyfriend, she later returned and eventually won the role in 'Pirates'."I never told my mother what had happened. I was just too ashamed. I needed to do this movie, the money was good - I was being paid 1,200 pounds a month. My mother and I were living in housing association accommodation and this was a life-changing amount of money," said Lewis.Lewis, now 42, said that she did not file a complaint with the authorities at the time because she took the blame for what happenened."He sexually abused me and manipulated me in the worst way. He has scarred me and the experience has definitely put a strain on my life," she told the press.And now, Lewis wants Polanski to "get what he deserves" and has given a statement to Los Angeles prosecutors outlining what happened that night."I'm telling the truth and Roman knows I'm telling the truth. I will never forgive Polanski for what he has done to me," she said.Polanski is currently under house arrest in Switzlerland waiting to hear if he is extradited to the US to face charges for the alleged rape of a 13-year-old girl in 1977. (ANI)

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment