Monday, November 29, 1999

Talking point with Rucha Guarathi

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

The actress turns good girl with Rang Badalti OdhaniYou're replacing Priyanka Chibber as Natasha in Rang Badalti Odhani on Star One. What prompted you to take this role?I play a simple, sweet, mature and uncomplicated city girl who's deeply in love with Shantanu (played by Karan Tacker). I'm like that in real life too, so I felt I could connect with the character. I was also strongly attracted to the title of the show. Every girl dreams of love and marriage but situations take you on a different route, which is the basic premise of the show.From the grey character of Kali Kapoor in Kkusum, your character is vastly different in Rang Badalti Odhani.I've always tried a variety of roles. As long as I can do justice to the role, I'll take it up. I'm up for any character that I feel the audience can relate to. When I read a script, I check how important my role is and make a decision accordingly. I'm also up for any sort of challenge.What are your expectations from this role?I never think about expectations. I bring utmost honesty to every role that I do and give it my 100 per cent. I've received so much adulation and love from the audiences for every role I've done so far that I try to improve myself with every character.Will it be a challenge getting the audiences to accept you in a role previously played by another actor?I don't know Priyanka personally and the decision to replace her was completely a creative call. That said, yes, it will be a challenge as people have a set idea about the character and it'll be difficult for them to accept another actor in that role. But I will try and give my all to the role and improvise in any way I can, although, mostly, I'm a director's actor and try to stick to what he expects from me.You've previously acted in a Bollywood film Lottery with Abhijeet Sawant. Are you looking to make the leap to the big screen?Yes, I'm always open to doing films. I'm looking at a few scripts but nothing is finalised. Lottery wasn't a planned move. I was taking a break from the show Bhabhi when the film was offered to me and I decided to do it. But I feel that both small and big screens are creative media and the decision to take up one or the other completely hinges on the roles that I'm offered.What other projects are in the pipeline?Other than Rang Badalti Odhani, I'm also part of the reality show called Desi Girl. Both the shows deal with the theme of the divide between urban and rural. I wish there were more hours in a day so I could do more. But right now, those are the only projects I'm working on.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment