Monday, November 29, 1999

Gay father of twins can`t enter Israel

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Mumbai, May 9 -- An Israeli gay father whose twin sons were born to a surrogate mother in Mumbai has, for now, been denied permission to take the children to Jerusalem. Don Goldberg, a Jerusalem restaurateur, and his twins - Itai and Liron - have been staying in a Mumbai hotel for the past two months awaiting permission from the Jerusalem Family Court to proceed with a paternity test to determine if he is their biological father. "We are aware of the case and are trying to help Goldberg and his partner," said Israeli Consul General in Mumbai, Orna Sagiv."I'm an Israeli citizen. I served in a combat unit during two intifadas. I've also volunteered with the police for years. But when I want to realise my right to be a parent, the state kicks me to the curb," Goldberg told an Israeli daily.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment