Monday, November 29, 1999

Golfer Woods struggling with poor form in Florida

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Ponte Vedra Beach (Florida, US), May 9 (ANI): Ace golfer Tigers Woods continues to struggle with his form at The Players Championship golf tournament here, ranked 45th and ten shots behind Leader Westwood.According to CBS News, Woods's final bogey of the day came after he popped up another 3-wood and had to hit fairway metal to the green.It was the second time this week he hit a fairway metal for his second shot to a par 4."I had it going for a little bit," Woods said. "I thought if I could have birdied 16 and 17, I'd have been right back in the tournament," he added.Westwood wound up where he started in The Players Championship - with the lead.Westwood avoided mistakes on the back nine for a 2-under 70 that gave him a one-shot lead over Robert Allenby going into the final round on the always unpredictable TPC Sawgrass.Phil Mickelson, nine shots behind at the start of the day, shot a 66 to renew hopes of winning and becoming No. 1 in the world for the first time. He was five shots behind.Mickelson would have to win and have Tiger Woods finish out of the top five.Allenby was five shots behind when he walked off the 13th tee. He answered with a 6-iron to just outside 12 feet on the par-5 16th for eagle, then a 12-foot birdie on the island-green 17th that curled into the side of the cup. He shot a 67 and will play in the final group."The golf course changed a lot. It got really firm this afternoon," Westwood said. "I thought I played well - gave myself a lot of chances, missed a couple, but all in all, I was pleased with the way I played. I didn't make too many poor shots out there." (ANI)

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment