Monday, November 29, 1999

Kashyap upsets World No.7

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

India's emerging star P Kashyap scalped World No. 7 Tien Minh Nguyen on his way to making the quarter-finals of the Singapore Super Series winning 23-21 21-18 in a little over three-quarter hours on Wednesday.Trailing 16-19 in the opener, Kashyap picked four straight points to level at 21-all, before picking the two winners."My fitness helped as I tired him out in the rallies, and my strokes were more effective in the crucial points when playing from the tough drift side of the court," Kashyap said, adding that winning the first was crucial. The second game saw him led 14-4 but his opponent bridged the gap to 3 points."If he's reached No 6 on sheer hard-work, I know I can also make it to Top 5 if I manage the consistency since I have the strokes," he said, ahead of his Last 8 clash against Aravind Bhat. The tall-built Bhat rallied to beat England's Rajiv Ouseph - an ocassional training-partner, 17-21 21-14 21-13.Indian women's top seed Saina Nehwal also moved into the quarters with a fighting 21-13 23-21 win over Russian Ella Diehl.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment