Monday, November 29, 1999

Tarundeep tees off to lead

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Local favorite Tarundeep Chadha of Chandigarh continued his fine run in the second tournament of Toyota Etios Junior at Panchkula Golf Club on Tuesday. Tarundeep, who plays in category ? A (16-18 yrs) fired an even par 72 to stay two shots adrift of Saed Saqib Ahmad who ended with a card of 2 over 74. "I was bit disappointed to finish level par after 4 birdies. It is a bit off a wake up for me. I need to read the greens better & improve on my performance." said Tarundeep after his round. Second placed Saed Saqib was ecstatic after being in the top three and was looking forward to a better performance on the second day. "It's been long since I have been in top 3 in the IGU Categorized mandatory tournament. My performance has been given a boost and I believe that I can perform better. I look forward to finish in top 10," said Saqib. In category B (14-16 yrs), Tapinder Ghai and Arush Ahuja fired an 8 over to share the lead. Both golfers are one stroke clear of Kartiky Vashshth and Akash Shrinivasan from who finished 9 over. "It was pleasant surprise to find myself as Joint leader in the Category B. I hope to continue with the form and go for the kill," said Ghai.In category C (12-14 yrs), Viraj Madappa was leading after returning with a card of 2 over. Piyush Sangwan of Delhi who had blasted an incredible 5 under last week was second after returning with a card of 4 over. Viraj had fired 4 birdies on the back nine. "I thought I will finish under par with the birdies on 12th , 13th & 16th but bogies on the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th & 18th let me down. However, I am happy with my performanceand hope to do well on Wednesday" said Viraj.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment