Monday, November 29, 1999

`What`s wrong if I want to go out for coffee with Shahid?`

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Mumbai, May 9 -- Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Badmaash Company. That's two films completed from your three-film contract with Yash Raj Films. What contract? I'm tired of correcting this misconception. I only have a three-film agreement with Yash Raj and it is not even down on paper. The media has blown it out of all proportion by insisting that I'm not allowed to sign films with an outside banner. I thought that rumour would stop after I took on Nikhil Advani's Patiala House. But the question still crops up. But you are doing another film with Yash Raj? If a good script comes up and Adi (Aditya Chopra) feels I'm right for the part, sure there'll be a third film with YRF. How much of a dictator is Aditya Chopra? It is believed that there was a lot of creative interference on Badmaash Company? He didn't even come on the sets. Poor guy, just because he doesn't interact with the media, he's constantly being targetted. It's unfair because Adi never even tries to defend himself. And how much did Shahid Kapoor butt in? Shahid is a pro. But he is also an intelligent and experienced actor. So if he wants to put forward his opinion to enhance a scene, I'm sure he is entitled to it. Everyone does it, including the DOPs (Directors of Production) and the ADs (Assistant Directors). There was a crew of 200 around of which three or four could have spread the word that Shahid was interfering in the work of the director. That's hogwash because the director always has the option of thumbing down a suggestion. Buzz is that your friendship extended well beyond the sets? Sure it did. What's wrong if I want to go out for a cup of coffee with my co-star so we can discuss work? Or may be even catch a movie both of us want to see? Just because we're actors doesn't mean that we can't have a personal life. Coming from an army background, I'm more comfortable hanging out with guys than with girls. But that doesn't mean that we are in a relationship. The day I get serious about someone I'll let you know, if I feel like talking about it. Tani or Bulbul, who's closer to Anushka Sharma? Definitely Bulbul. Like her I'm a chatterbox too who can go on and on. And I can be pretty 'muphat' (talk straight) as you know. Also, coming from a modelling background, I'm more comfortable in jeans and Tees than 'salwar-kameez'. But having grown up in a middle-class household, I can also relate to Tani's values. Is that why after going glam with Badmaash Company, you have returned to the staid 'salwar-kameez' look in Patiala House? I play a girl who's born and brought up in London in Patiala House so there's plenty of glam there too. But I'm not a model anymore, so why are we playing fashion police here? In my movies, my look is tailored to fit my character and not my persona. Talking about modelling, we don't see you doing too much of it lately. I'm endorsing Vatika and Parachute. They are products I connect with and big brands. Whether it's movies or ads, I want to work only with the best. If that means doing lesser work, so be it. But I'm not going to get mediocre. You've waited a year-and-a-half for your second movie. Was it worth it? Yes, I have waited a long time. I could have had a release three months after Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi had I wanted. But I made the sacrifice for want of a better word, and waited for the right script. I'd like to believe Badmaash Company was worth it. Age rab jaane! (Only God knows what the future holds) Take Three Shah Rukh (Khan), my first co-star from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, and Akshay (Kumar) with whom I am paired in Patiala House, are much older than me. And definitely more experienced. I admire and respect them.

News posted by www.newsinfoline.com

Click here to read more news from www.newsinfoline.com
Please follow our blogs

newsinfolinephotogallery
prabugallery
newsinfolinephotogallery1

photogallery1

No comments:

Post a Comment